Spark plug tube nut torque

I4 5SFE engine I'm trying to confirm the torque on the 30mm spark plug tube nuts that secure the valve cover.. Haynes manual shows 33 FTLB and Toyota shows 17 FTLB. Which one is correct ? 17 seems too low.

Reply to
Jaybird

Re-install valve cover. Torque 30mm nuts to17ft-lb

Reply to
ED

After investigating, I've come to the conclusion that the torque specs changed from Gen 3 to Gen 4. Both the Toyota and the Haynes manuals confirm this. They increased the torque and I believe the rubber seals are thicker on the later design. Toyota probably did this due to the sealing problems with this engine.

Any Toyota techs out there that can c>

Reply to
Jaybird