2001 a4 in safe mode

Hi,
I can't find my manual, but I have the code Can anyone tell me the procedure to re-set the radio?
Thanks!

1.. Press and hold (at the same time) the AM/FM and the SCAN buttons until the display reads "1000". 2.. Use the station preset buttons 1,2,3,4 to change each of the digits to the proper code. Button 1 changes the first digit (on the left), button 2 changes the second digit, etc. Note: supposedly the programmable units were originally coded with either "1111" or "1234" by the dealer. It is quite possible that the code was never changed by previous owners, so if you don't know the code, you can try these. 3.. Press and hold the AM/FM and SCAN buttons again until the radio comes on. If you fail to give the correct code after two tries, the unit will be locked in "safe" mode and won't change. To try again, leave it switched on for approximately one hour.