2003 Audi a4 3L

Is there anything you can do to make the shifting on a4 shorter or would that void the warranty. As well are there any good upgrades to get more power out of the engine.

Thanks

Reply to
John C

I seem to remember someone mentioning a "chip" that would reduce Tiptronic response-time.

My two cents,

JP Roberts "John C" escribió en el mensaje news:XNseb.31178$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.telusplanet.net...

Reply to
JP Roberts

There's one at

that I'm kinda considering.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Hehe... I wonder if that's what he meant by "shorter" or if he wants to physically reduce the throw distance between gears by installing a short shifter. I guess we won't know until he tells us what kind of transmission he has. ;-)

Reply to
Pete

Maybe he was referring to the possibility of having his stick sawn to a shorter length? :)

No offence meant.

JP "Pete" escribió en el mensaje news:blha8e$d1o$ snipped-for-privacy@news.onet.pl...

transmission

Reply to
JP Roberts

This issue has been discussed in this forum and the watercooled VW forum on many occasions. You can read what other people have discovered by using Google's "advanced group search" function.

Spider

Reply to
Spider

Reply to
John C

I'm pretty sure you can install a short shift kit from someone like Neuspeed without voiding the vehicle warranty. The only thing that generally drives them into warranty-voiding frenzy is chipping.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

It depends on the dealer. While the burden of proof resides with Audi as to whether or not the modification caused any issue, the legal hill to climb for the average consumer is so steep as to be a huge disincentive. All the while, they just deny your coverage, and you're either out-of-pocket or on foot.

To the OP: Comparing the shift action of a BMW and Audi is going to leave you wanting if you have the Audi. The car press has routinely criticized Audi's shifting action as "vague" or "rubbery." If the shifting action is of utmost importance, then there is no fix that will satisfy you - even the Neuspeed "fix" really doesn't do much, IME. I considered that money thrown down the toilet. YMMV, of course.

While you might be able to chip the motor and get a little HP gain, it doesn't seem worth it. Chipping a normally-aspirated engine just won't produce anything more than a lightened wallet and some placebo effect. Like I said in my previous post, this issue has been discussed. The warranty issue as well - real-life lawyers have even chimed in on occasion.

Spider

Reply to
Spider