A100 Engine cuts out once at around 70degrees

Hi There,
Quick bit of brain pickage if I may.. I've a '93 Audi 100 2.0E and it suffers from the following problem.
From a cold start, if I lift off the throttle when the temperature
guage has reached around 70degrees - the engine cuts out. It restarts first time on the turn of the key, and is fine for the rest of the day. Also.. if I start from cold, and get a good run (so I keep the revs up) until the temperature reads above around 80 degrees - then there is no cut out.
Any thoughts? ( I once saw an Audi Quattro on eBay that was described as having exactly the same syptoms, although the vendor (like I) had just lived with it and never bothered to get it looked at ).
Thanks in advance,
Mark
The engine temp sensor that tells the ECU to operated the cold start injector (also functions like a choke on a carberated engine) is bad.
No idea where to find it
Tonyj '91 100q