A3 Problems you guys have experienced

Can you tell me some common problem you guys have had with your A3 1.8? How do I identify them/ are there some warning signs. I want to spot potential
problems before the 3 month warrantee period ends. Also what stuff should I change and at what interval- the car is 5 yrs old and done about 50000km

The problems I've had have been relatively isolated.
Water pump impellor (definitely worth checking for) - replace with metal version Central locking pump (door control acts weird when its not working) Rear wash wipe not pumping out water (simple fix - hose loose) Key barrel needed replacing (immobilser light flashes when faulty).
Thats about it to be honest. Not bad considering. Although to be honest its difficult to see how you'd spot any of these failing with the possible exception of checking you have a metal water pump impellor.
HTH