A4 Question

A few months ago I noticed a loud squeaking noise (dry joint?)coming from the drivers side front wheel, which drove me mad.
In a fit of pique I liberally sprayed WD40 and the squeak disappeared!
It's now back and I don't want to use WD40 again as it will perish the rubbers.
Cananyone suggest a different solution?
TIA Matt

Depends on which joint, but if its the lower control arm, many folks have drilled a small hole into the bushing to reach the inside of the joint and pumped grease into it with a needle fitting on the grease gun...

I've heard of someone using a hypodermic and gearbox oil- poking it through the rubber. Where he got the hypodermic from perhaps we shouldn't ask.
A4 control arm squeaks are common. After working with five or more I would be willing to bet that the problem is not at the frame end of the arms it is due to dried out ball joints.
You can fix by using a grease needle adapter to inject white lithium into the rubber boots. It will take 3 or 4 days to work in and then will probably stay fine for at least two years.
Matt wrote:

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice. Looks like I'm off to mug one of the local 'crack-heads' for a hypodermic!!!!! :-)
You can buy a needle adapter for your regular grease gun fitting at a parts store for a couple of $. It just snaps in.
Tony