Squeaking/ rubbing noise

I've got a 2003 Nissan Maxima with over 70,000 miles on it. The vehicle has a rubbing or squeaking kind of noise in the front end, but only when you're
at a stop and turn the wheels left and right. It's pretty noticeable...I lifted the front wheels off the ground, and the noise stops. I think it might be strut mounts, but there's no noise going over bumps (or when turning while the car is moving) This vehicle shows no other signs of steering/ suspension troubles and it's definitely not tires or a loose component...anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
When my bearings went out, I could hear a clicking (not a squeaking) when I turned the wheels. If it only happens under load, then my money is on the mounts or bearings.
Nirav
madeyemoody wrote:

Get a friend to watch the coil springs when you turn the wheels and see if they are moving. My 95 Max does the same thing. Not sure how you stop it. The coil springs have two plates holding them in place, one on top and one on bottom. When the car is sitting still and the wheels are turned, the spring rotates a bit causing a sound similar to the one you are describing. It was like that when we got the car (in 98) and hasn't caused any problems with driving or steering, so I'm not sure if this is a design "feature" or not. If you find a way to stop it, I'd like to hear it. Hubby couldn't find any defects or loose connections either. Might just be a sign of age and perhaps replacing the springs would stop it??