A6 2.5 TDI 140bhp (5-cylinder)

Page 2 of 3

infinite
not
blah blah blah
Comprehension.......exactly which part of the phrase "A6 2.5 TDI 140bhp (5-cylinder)" justified your starting a "discussion" about 4 and 6 cylinder engines? Or is there something in it that I, the other contributors to this "discussion" and the rest of the English speaking world have missed?
Is it not high time you took your hand off it and climbed back into your tree? Now how do I do this? Messages.....block sender.....ah yes
Rachael x

cylinder
Just about the same amount as the information you imparted.

Which is basically all you've done in this thread.
Peter

Precisely why more than one person had a go at you for posting a link to a dicussion mentioning that the 5-cylinder diesels were now discontinued, and telling me that I should count the number of cylinders, and by doing so I would be able to tell whether the engine had 4 or 6 cylinders. All in response to a question about 5-cylinder engines, which happen to be no longer available in new Audis.

And can I suggest spelling lessons for you - it's "curriculum".
Peter

If, by the word "precisely," you mean "not at all like."
The fundemental difference is this: your info was of zero value. To anyone. Why? Becaue it was completely incorrect, not based on fact, and totally without merit. My info, OTOH, was just not helpful to your situation. It *was* accurate, and true.

Really? Who knew? [rolls eyes]

A *spelling* flame? How incredibly witty and perceptive.
Spider

So was mine - a chip and an uprated head gasket would have upped the power. All I missed out was a forged crankshaft and an uprated turbo. Sorry about that. Can't see how it was anything to do with you anyway - you didn't ask that question.

Well you did, as that link you posted specifically stated that the 5-cylinder diesel engines had been discontinued. Did you not even read the contents of the page you linked to? And it was fairly obvious it was to do with 5-cylinder engines, as it was contained in the subject line.

Well, I do my best. Awfully sorry if it's not good enough for you.
Peter

Ah, Peter, that is a nice attempt at spin. *If* you had actually said that, I would have agreed with you. But that's *not* the whole story, now is it?

Intercooler? Exhaust? You *still* don't have it right, even after all the info has been posted innumerable times!
I am simply amazed at your lack of anything resembling knowledge.

Somehow, I think that you're not sorry at all.

So what? What part of "alt" don't you get? Here's another clue for the terminally clue-proof: if you don't want your comments seen by the public, with the potential for response, send them by e-mail. HTH.

[snip]
Peter, look up the word "sarcasm," and try and apply it.

If that's the best you have, then you're even more an idiot than I had originally feared.

Nothing to do with "good" or "bad," it's just stupid and lame.
Spider

has
for
is
found
badge
originally
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Usenet used for the exchange of information? In order to exchange this information, you need to ask a question. Doing you see what i'm getting at?
Just because you mis-read the original post and posted some utter nonsense, theres no need to get up on your high horse about the smallest little thing in order to try and mask your stupidity.
I await your insults....

It is.

That's correct.

Of course I do. It's just that I do not agree with the basic premise.
The idea that my time is less valuable than yours is the foundation of your assumption. You may not wish to see it that way, but it's true nonetheless. If you do not make any attempt to learn the information for yourself, then why should anyone take the time? In addition, there are different types of questions, like "who is the best independent Audi mechanic in Blackpool?" That's a question that might be impossible to look up, but where USENET would be a good resource. Unlike a technical specification question where the answer is *probably* available outside of USENET, *and* is most like much more authoritative. If you think this isn't true, ask in USENET what octane number signifies, or the merits of synthetic oil over non-synth.
Peter and I have discussed this before - you're coming in a bit late.
In any case, there is a remedy for those who feel negatively toward my ideas - its called "learning to use your newsreader."

The irony is delicious.
Spider

Peter
header
cylinder,
OP,
Halleluia!
The answers to everything (within reason) are outside Usenet, but they're also available within. Despite what you may believe, that gives people a choice to how they want to find the answer to their question. The useful thing about Usenet is you can post a question, let people argue of the answer (or something completely off topic...) and by the time you next look hopefully the correct answer will have emerged. Whereas something like google, you have to shift thru all the static info, without being able to ask the authors any further questions in order to validate their point. I'm not saying that anyone elses time is more valuable than anyone elses, you dont have to post an answer, you could have ignored it. If everyone ignored Peter he would have been forced to Google it when he had some spare time, but surely your first port of call should be the easiest option, unless of course you like making things hard for yourself.

I know, but i like a good arguement :)

nonsense,
thing
I'm sure it is, but my sweet and sour chicken was probably better.

"Answers" does not imply "accurate answers." Ref. "Octane" and "synth vs. non-synth."

What I believe has nothing to do with anything. What I know is that people who are lazy come to USENET, drop their questions, and expect correct answers. As I have pointed out, not all questions are equal.

Costing you nothing. No time, no effort, no nothing. Lazy and arrogant attitude.

Ah, but at least you have looked. You have made an effort to answer your own question, and come up confused.
"My manual says that to get the lightbulb out, I should turn the socket anticlockwise, but when I do, it turns 5mm and stops. Any hints on how to get the bugger to move?"
Rather than:
"How do I get the lightbulb out of my Type XX?"
The first instance showed that the person actually read, and tried to do the thing, but was stymied. The second one says "solve my problem for me, I am too lazy to think for myself." It also invites such comments as "RTFM," and "take it to your mechanic" - just noise.

No, of course those things aren't being said. Nobody wants to give the impression that they think they are better than anyone else.

Which has nothing at all to do with the first part of the sentence.

Right - a nice, tight google search, and then a posting that says:
"Hey, URL 1 says that this car should have this badging, but URL 2 says different. What is the real deal?"

An adult would be eating crow.
Spider
<snip>

I give up, you're obviously just a miserable old todger with nothing better to do than moan over the slightest little thing. Were you just having a bad day when you started this arguement, or are you really that pathetic all the time? You must be very lonely if you are!
Goodbye
Good luck Peter!

better
bad
the
He does it all of the time, probably gets his kicks from it, heh heh!

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

all
:)
I was doing quite well, you know. Okay, so I have been redesigning my website, so merely lurking in the dozens or so of newsgroups that I visit.

Shall I start a new thread?
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

It's a nice site.
I thought for sure you'd be all over this one. Oh, well - it's a bit late now - there's not much more substance to this thread.

Just to flame? That's not really very interesting. alt.flame is the place for that. Or any U.S. political newsgroup, LOL. How about on your side - do they flame like that in those groups?
Spider

You're welcome.

No - but it could have been a timely rejoinder. There will certainly be other opportunities.

Flaming for the sake of flaming seems kind of weak. Something a newbie does. Flaming with a purpose, however - a high art form. ;)
Spider

answered
I did have a purpose, which was nicely served, just not relevant to y'all Audi boys and girls . . .
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

LOL. Touche.
Spider

I thought you liked a good argument? Sheesh - people have no fortitude any more.

Wrong on both counts. I guess you should try a be a bit more perceptive next time, hmmm?

As I recall, you flamed me first, Carl. Is your memory slipping?

Pathetic, heh. I love irony.

Nope, not lonely in the least. Thanks for playing, better luck next time!

Going so soon? We just got to the good part, LOL!
Spider

No, i just have a life and have beter things to do (well sometimes).

OK. A miserable young git that only moans when he has the security of his commputer screen to hide behind? Getting any closer?

I said the arguement, not the flaming. As i recall, you started argueing with Peter first. Is your comprehension of the English langauge slipping? :)

Good for you, have a cookie.

No i suppose you have people like us to talk to on your computer.

Well i may consider a comeback tour, but i'm quite busy at the moment.

Hmm, well, I do as well (most of the time,) but I was willing...

Strike two.
You're running out of guesses.

Well, that other part has nothing to do with you, so, when you say "this argument," it could be taken in one of two ways.

And what has that to do with you?

I can't help it if your writing isn't precise. Be more clear in the future, if you are able.

Whoosh! LOL.

Oh, no - I have many more folks with whom I might talk, all of whom could carry on more intelligent conversations in their sleep than this lot put together.

Yes, I'm sure you're quite busy. When you embark on your comeback tour, why not bring some Audi info, hmmm?
Spider