2.5 TD cylinder head tightening procedure and torque values (assistance required)

People Hi,

I would like to kindly ask you to provide me with the procedure of fitting and tightening the cylinder head on a 2.5 TD engine. I do have the tightening sequence as quoted on the cylinder head's gasket set and also the three stages of tightening the bolts (first at 35 Nm, then at 70 Nm and finally at 115 - 130 Nm) but I seem to remember that Land Rover advises of a different method of tightening them.

also could someone please advise whether the first bolt to start with is on the manifold side or on the fuel pump side (it is in the middle of the engine but is this the right or the left side?) . The diagram does not specify which is the front side of the engine on the "as you look from above" scematic that it provides.

thanks in advance for your kind input and advise.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Where did you get this from? Not that I'm saying that they're wrong, but I have a genuine LR workshop manual here and it's absolutely useless concerning head bolt torque for the 2.5TD (yes, it does cover the 2.5TD). It doesn't give the head bolt torque for the TD, every other torque on it though!

The head torque for the 2.25 diesel head was what I used and it is

130Nm or 95lbf ft max so that tallies with what you suggest. I can't see any problems with the stages you suggest they sound reasonable.

I think it's the side closest to the DPS pump but I can't see that making much difference to be honest. Start in the middle and work your way out as you'll know if you have the book.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

William thanks.

The torque figures I have quoted where taken off from the fitting instructions coming together with the ELRING made set of flanges and head gasket.

Take care and thanks aga>

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos