Another iPod Question

I have an Audi A6 with the Bose system. I have never been able to find a tape adapter that works in the tape deck. Tried several brands inlcuding Sony. Tape deck works with regular cassette tapes.
Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What doesn't work about the ones you've tried ? I thought they were all the same. Does the cassette shaped adaptor slide in OK but you don't get sound? Don't forget to hit the "tape" button after you slide in the adaptor and make sure the volume of the ipod and the car unit are both turned up. Or, does the cassette shaped mechanism not slide in?
Memorex is the brand of adapter I've been using.
Paul

Don't bother :)
Go for a Denison ipod adapter made specially for the Audi
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/audi_iopd.html
Or go for one of these, you can get them much cheaper, I have one of these and they are better than those tape things, and you can use a usb pen with it :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-FM-Transmit-Radio-Adapter-for-MP3-CD-DVD-Car-GF02K_W0QQitemZ160035582362QQihZ006QQcategoryZ86532QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem