Audi a4 or a6 , any thoughts or experience??

I'm living in Dublin so please take that into account when replying. We don't have the 8 lite v12 engines that you americans are lucky enough to possess

I'm looking to purchase an audi a4 or a6 in the next week. I'm after going through a web load of research and they come up in the top percentile in everything that is important to me. I've also wanted one since i was about ten and my next door neighbour had a lovely silver audi.

My question -

Any thoughts or experience on how the a4 and the a6 shape up to each other in the following areas -

- Handling/Performance

- Economy ( am going to buy diesel variant)

- Reliablity/Servicing

I'm looing at the a6 due to its vast boot and passenger area. Family planning really does hit everypart of the life :-).

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
eain.jones

I've just gone from a 2003 A4 Avant SE 2.0 FSI Multitronic to a 2006 A6 Avant SE 2.0T FSI Multitronic. The A4 was more economical (I got 32 mpg compared with 28 mpg now), and was a more nimble car, however as I do a lot of motorway driving the A6 is more than up to the job. It wafts me up and down the M40 with ease, and although it doesn't feel fast I often find that my actual speed is far faster than it felt.

The rear leg room, and extra toys as standard (like the MMI system) are what swung the decision for me, and so far I've no reason to regret the decision.

G.

Reply to
AtavusR6

thanks to everybody for the help. I'm going to buy an a4 and see how i go. I do like the drive :-).

Cheers, Eain

Reply to
eain.jones