Audi A6 (V6) 1995 Headlight Problem.

My A6 (95) Audi has had a really bad week. The bad week was topped off by a headlight problem. The headlights worked one night and not the next. Both headlights, short beam and long beam stopped working.
Fuses S1-S4 are OK, but I don't measure any voltage at the fuse.
Has anybody seen anything like it before?
Thanks, Andre
Search Google for your model and" headlight relay". There is one or or possibly two that is activated by the low amperage light switch on the steering column. The fuse is between the relay and the light for safety but the actual power switching is done with relays to handle the current draw.
I am not sure where they are located on your car but I would look either in the fuse relay box in front of the windshield (probably under a plastic shield) or under the dash on the driver's side (if you drive a left hand drive car). You might also find relays in the drivers side kick panel.
TonyJ
Andre wrote:

Hi,
My first inclination was to look for a relay. I did not find one by going through all the panels with relays. I am going through the wiring diagram not being certain if my wiring diagram matches the car directly (too many variables). It looks like the power to the headlights goes directly through the ignition switch and the headlight switch. It's surprising to me.
Andre
The T44 series put the power through the light switch but I think that was changed to a relay system in the 90s and later models because it caused a lot of problems.
Andre wrote:

see my answer to 'ignition woes'.........you have bought a dog I am afraid.