Audi DVD Navigation Plus + iPod adapter?

hi,
Question: Shall I buy iPod adapter with the Audi DVD Navigation Plus? Answer: NO!!!
Reasons:
1) Very constrained maximum volume: the maximum volume
possible is very very low when playing music through the iPod adapter.
2) Highly compromised music quality: it is horrible, worse than a Caribe Radio player unit sold in Cuba during the special period really!!! I actually don't know anything worse than that :)
3) Horrifying browsing capabilities, or rather none at all. You have to continuously take and disconnect the iPod out of the globe box, and switch and play the playlist manually in the iPod then plug it back again i.e. impossible to do while driving. The Navigation Plus sees the iPod as a CD changer therefore no playlist names, no song names, nothing just randomly arranged playlists. It only sees a max of 7 playlists or so.
Now after 4 months owning my car finally had some spare time and bought a 2GB SD card and put some mp3s on it and can finally enjoy the quality of the Bose system, through the iPod you simply can't.
HTH those wondering whether it is worth to pay extra for the iPod adapter although its price is negligible relative to the price of the DVD Navigation Plus.
Regards, Giovanni
I haven't read of too many complaints myself, but using the SD card is wise too.
How big of a card did you get ? 4 gig is like a DVD and that is a lot of tunes :)
Giovanni Azua;57768 Wrote: > hi,

--
GT
GT's

but only here ...

the adapter system is such a crap. The Navigation system supports two cards ... so could buy another 2GB and make it to 4GB :)
regards, Giovanni
Whereabouts are you located that you do not have access to SD card bigger than 2GB? Which part of Europe?
--
Black_RS4

2GB when I went out to buy.
regards, Giovanni
It is a good idea .
--
goodfriend
Sermon cxli.
921 Cor. 1:21. "Which... by wisdom knew not... it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."
93St. Bernard, Sermones in Cantica Canticorum, lxxxiv. "The better one is, the worse one becomes, if one attributes the cause of this goodness to one's self."
[94]Ibid. "Meriting blows more than kisses, I fear not, because I love."
95John 11:33. Et turbarit seipsum. "And he troubled himself."
96Matt. 26:46. "Let us be going."
[97]Matt. 18:2. "Jesus went forth."
98Gen. 3:5. "Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."
[99]John 20:17. "Touch me not."
100Allusion to John 6:56; 1:47; 8:36; 6:32. "True disciple; an Israelite indeed; free indeed; true bread."
101In discipulis meis. Isaiah 8:16. "Seal the law among my disciples."
[102]Is. 45:15.
1031 Cor. 1:17. "Lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect."
104"Rend your heart."
105Ps. 9:14. "Have mercy."
106Is. 5:7. "He has looked for."
107Ezek. 20:25. Praecepta non bona. "Statutes that were not good."
[108]"I will establish my covenant between me and Thee for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto Thee."
109Gen. 17:9. "Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore."
[110]Gen. 49:18. "I have waited for thy salvation, O Lord."
[111]Essays, 1. 22.
112Num. 11:29. Quis tribuat ut omnis populus prophetet. "Would God that all the Lord's people were prophets."
[113]De cultu feminaru