Car Buying Advice

Page 2 of 2

Given the amount garages charge to change belts, I worked out the other day that the wife's Clio should have a pound put aside for every tank of fuel just for cambelts. That's why I do it myself! The A100 is due this summer, but at least that's easy to get to.
--
Skipweasel
Guy King wrote:

Yup. Changing ANY car's belt these days is expensive. And really damned expensive at a dealer.
Mercedes, BMW - they don't get away any cheaper. Heck, even a VW is steep.
E.P.
Ed Pirrero wrote:

All say Audi is below average for reliability. That's what comes with a car that is well above average in performance and handing.
Dennis W wrote:

None of those guys purchase or drive my cars for me. My Honda Accord cost me a ton more to repair than any three of the Audis I've ever owned. Alternators, two head gaskets, power steering pump, fuel pump, windsheild wiper motor, twice, plus all the regular stuff like brakes and cam belts. Which, BTW, wasn't cheap to replace.
Gosh, by your logic, this means that they are all crap.
Good thing you'll never own another Audi. Why are you hanging out in the Audi newsgroup, again? Trolling?
E.P.
UrS6