Corvette losing to an Audi?

Page 2 of 4
Yes, hopefully this will be the end of this forlorn thread, but I am glad to have learned that the Z06 is a faster car than the RS6. Performance was the
main issue here.

There's always one.. and here's another ;o)
If you want to enter into a /genuine/ debate, then define your version of "performance", and then try to justify it.
If you are supporting rampant crossposting (despite apparently arguing against it), then ditto.
Personally, I'd prefer that "car-talk" won out ;o)
H1K (on his first Audi, not had a 'Vette [but a Jensen Interceptor S3 was more fun to ride in]; I'd be happy to provide the a rough list of cars that I have owned, but only if extremely provoked ;o)

LOL. Who hired you to be a USENET sheriff?
"We"? Multiple personality disorder, or pretending to speak for anyone but yourself?
Here's a free clue - learn how to use your newsreader. If that's too difficult, maybe just avoid reading threads that you aren't interested in. If you are happy driving your tupperware, that's great. I'm sure the mullet crowd is quite envious.
Those of us who drive cars made of metal? I suspect that most of us just ignore your type of automotive penis extenders. -- Jonesy
The tuperware eternity living cars are not ignored cause if they would be, you wouldn't waste your time visiting other new groups...

Get a clue! Try looking at the newsgroups to which this drivel is being posted. I, for one, would never dream of going near a Corvette group!
--
Peter Bell (who's very happy with his metal RS6, but used to own a
plastic car - a Reliant Scimitar GTE)

You stood right in the middle of it!
Tip: Check the header before you click the post button.
Regards, "Mike" -- mikeellison3xxxatzzzyahoo.com --

Really?
Yes - so it was (and is), intentionally, cross-posted, if it hadn't been you might not have seen it. Still doesn't mean that I subscribe to, or read, a Corvette group. Or was there something alse about the headers which you wished to point out?
Perhaps the fact that your newsreader is broken and loses all the continuation lines beyond a newline in the references header?

Since you are a top-poster, I am not surprised that you don't understand what crossposting is. I visit the Audi group. I do not visit the Corvette group. Doing so would be a waste of my time, since I am not interested at all in them.
OK, maybe a split-window, but that would be it.
Eternity? Yeah, right. LOL. -- Jonesy
I prefer to read posts from people that "top post". They're easier to read instead of continual scrolling. If you can't follow the order, you're too dumb to be driving a car in the first place. Ever wonder why most email programs default to "top posting"?
--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
68 L79 Coupe

Of course you do. Since that's the way you do it, it must be right. Or, because you always read things bottom-to-top, back-to-front, right-to-left. Or, because your POS newsreader does it that way, that's the way it should be done.

Well-trimmed posts (something that top-posters seem to ignore as a matter of course) don't need a lot of scrolling.

LOL. Yeah, especially when you get folks who both top-post and post correctly in the same thread. Top-posters are lazy and inconsiderate.
Here are some references, just for the heck of it:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=netiquette+%22top+posting%22+usenet&btnG=Google+Search
(mind the line wrap)
Notice that this subject is well-discussed, and that about 95% of the comments are critical of top-posting in USENET. Notice that most folks think that it's OK in e-mail. E-mail and USENET are not the same thing.
It's funny, the only folks who seem to defend top-posting are top-posters. ANd their arguments always center around what is best for *them.* Lazy and selfish - top-posting screams, "My words are the most important! Look at me!"

"Most" don't. MS Outhouse and it's variants do that, but that doesn't make it right. In addition, USENET is not e-mail. Real newsreaders default to properly post. Hint: it ain't the top. -- Jonesy
<Yawn>
--
-|>|- Diode -|<|-
68 L79 Coupe

Because they're broken? Such behaviour doesn't comply with the GNKSA requirements.

Diode wrote:

"Most" email programs? The only one I know of is the braindead MS Outlook Express.
-- Mike Smith
The only one you know about is MS Outlook Express you say? Hmmm, my Netscape defaults to top posting as well. Aren't MS & Netscape the 2 majors? Where are you from Mike? Oh, let me guess - down under! Bwaa, Haa, Haa! That would explain your posting down under!
Mike Smith wrote:

OMG, he actually thinks he's funny.
--
Toby

<< If that's too difficult, maybe just avoid reading threads that you aren't interested in. >>
I've said the exact same thing to many a NG participant before. Sadly, they rarely ever take this advice. They continue to read everything that gets posted in order to find something to argue over. Given, it would have been B.S. if an Audi fan had gone trolling on the Vette' NG, but I started writing to this thread after it had crossed over to this board.

LOL, what a hypocrite!
--
Toby

Actually, I like a number of different types of cars, and don't mind the comparisons. What I don't like is brand bashing. I think you can point out the difference between Quattro drive, and rear wheel drive, or a turbocharged engine vs. a naturally aspirated engine, etc. and it can be pretty interesting.

JMHO All vehicles have their position in the realm of things. Different people like different things, and that is what makes most different.
I always wanted the Corvette since I was a little kid. I LOVE AUDIS AND VOLKSWAGENS! I also like Jeeps and Porsches! I would not drive my "prized" sports car everyday like I would my Audi 4000s and I drive only my Jeeps in bad Chicago winters! :-)
I do remember some of the comparison tests between an 85 Audi Fox and an 80's Corvette. I might still have the articles. Corvette was faster in the straight-a-way but the Fox was faster in the slalom course. Major modification had to be done to the Corvette in order for it to "barely" beat the stock Fox in the slalom course. And it only won by 1-2 miles per hour after the major mods. Reportedly the Corvette was re-engineered in the 90s and it became more of a "winner" in the slalom.
They are all good and have their niche in the automotive world!! With proper maintenance any vehicle could last! I have owned Fiats, Datsuns (now Nissans), Camaros, Firebirds, Peugeots, International Scouts, Kit-Cars, and I forget some of the rest. They were all fun and all different. I find it hard to say that one was better than another in EVERY aspect! And I have worked on almost all brands of vehicles. Heck I even owned a Vega, and I believe that was considered the "Disposable Car" (drive for 2-3 years and throw it away). lol
Again JMHO <g> Happy Holidays to All! later, dave Current Fleet and I enjoy driving any of them! 70 Beetle 83 Audi 4KS (221K miles) going strong 91 Passat auto 82 Jeep Wagoneer Limited 360V8 auto 88 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 auto 88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360V8 auto parents 85 Audi 5KS 88 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4.0 auto later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Well this thread went into the better/worse flame fest pretty fast after the insecure crowd such as "Black Bomb" came in to have a hissy about anyone daring to say anything about the Corvette.
If you go back to my *original* post I clearly state that I know for most every day contests, putting a stock Corvette against a stock Audi (whatever model,) the Vette will win. There are exceptions of course such as the current RS 6 but at double the cost of the Vette, it better be faster. You could also make a Yugo run faster than a Vette but why the hell would you want to in the first place?
The video was interesting and funny at the same time. Most people saw it for what it was, a joke... some people need to lighten up big time.
-- Taylor
'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport