Is that bit load bearing. Can I take it out.

Hi , I am fitting new seats to my S111 109 SW and need to take out the bar behind the front seats. Can I do this or is it a brace ? Should I replace it with a bar to brace it again ?

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
megalowmania

In message , megalowmania writes

Best braced otherwise the rear body will flap about. Even better if you can move the bulkhead backwards to keep the 'squareness' that it provides.

Reply to
AndyG

On or around Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:43:51 +0100, AndyG enlightened us thusly:

109 SW don't have a bulkhead, they have the rail aforementioned. Mind you, the 110, despite apparntly-similar body, doesn't. Suck it and see would be my guess...
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks everyone, I think I'll take the bar out and see what happens. If it's a problem, I'll knock up something from scafold tube, bolt it to the chassis and the B posts and use it as an anchor for the seats.

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
megalowmania

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Aha! Sneaky that one ... :-)

Reply to
AndyG

In article , Austin Shackles writes

Doesn't the rail provide the fixings for the original seat backs for the front seats? I can't see it being that vital, the rest of the body (rear door frames and roof) should provide some bracing shouldn't they?

Reply to
John Halliwell