Corvette losing to an Audi?

Because they're broken? Such behaviour doesn't comply with the GNKSA requirements.

Reply to
Peter Bell

You must have a weak back. I've had my Passat (with leather seats) on numerous 3+ hour trips with no back pains. I must say, though, the most comfortable seat I've ever run across is still the cloth-upholstered seat that was in my last car, a Saturn LS2. My back would actually feel

*better* after a few hours in that seat. ;-)

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

"Most" email programs? The only one I know of is the braindead MS Outlook Express.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Reply to
Johnie Walker

In article , Johnie Walker writes

OMG, he actually thinks he's funny.

Reply to
Toby Groves

I agree, Mike.

Ten years ago I drove from Roanoke, Va. to Boston in ten hours (692 miles). I was driving a '90 200 Turbo. When I arrived home, I mowed the lawn. No sore back on this old man. My wife and I drove every year round trip from Boston to Road Atlanta for the SCCA Nationals (until they changed the venue to Mid Ohio - sux!). No sore backs. The seats in that '90 200 weren't anywhere near as good as the seats in my '94 S4. My present RS-6 has even better seats.

Before purchasing the RS-6, I drove the S4, A8L, Merc AMG, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and the BMW 5 series. (It was a very tough choice between the RS-6 and the A8L - the old man in me said A8, while the kid in me said 450 bhp.) They all have wonderful seats. I also drove an '03 Vette. It was comfortable, but on a long trip, it would be murder on these old bones.

You know absolutely nothing about driving if you think that Euro cars have bad seats when compared to GM seats.

Dave '03 RS-6 Avus/Ebony

Dave LaCourse

Reply to
Black Bomb

You miss the point. Your statement that Euro cars use stiff leather and therefore your back must hurt after driving for awhile is false. I'm an old man and long drives tend to be a little tedious for me. However, a good driving position in a comfortable seat makes a world of different. The Audi seats have an almost infinite number of adjustments - up/down, seat tilt up/down, back support tilt back/forward, whole seat back/forward. Plus a lumbar support that can be adjusted as you drive or whenever. And, there are three different positions that you can program so you can change your driving position while you're on the road, and that includes steering wheel and rearview mirrors. The passenger *also* has the same choices (except for the steering wheel and mirrors, of course). Probably the most important feature of Audis I have owned is the length of the seat itself- it gives support of the legs all the way to the bend in your knee.

All of this has *nothing* to do with leather. The Vette that I drove was quite stiff. The seats were very good, but the ride would tire me after a few hours. Just an old man's oppinion.

Dave RS-6 Avus/Ebony

Dave LaCourse

I've ridden in Grand Prixs, and ridden in/driven BMWs of various model and vintage. And this is an odd claim. I found the Grand Prix, the rear seats especially, to be one of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever been in.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Concerning the Grand Sport, I can see that you've done some homework.

Reply to
Black Bomb

Standard Corvettes came with used leather that year?

Reply to
Mark Allread

Speaking of Saturn,,,Is that Ecotec engine any good? I've had my Grand Am for over 12 years & I'm thinking when it's time, I'd like to replce it with another one & I know that they have the Ecotec engine.

Thanks

Reply to
Black Bomb

I drove a Cavalier powered by the 2.2 litre Ecotec and found it to be reasonable for a n/a 4 cylinder. The 2.4 litre 155Hp mill they sold in the Cavalier Z24 was a hell of a lot more fun, and had much better torque response, but it's no longer avaliable. The Cavalier and Sunfire, which also use the ECOTEC engine, both have less than fantastic reliability but I'm not sure if their problems are engine related or otherwise. Saturn seems to have a fairly good reputation, and seem to make the best quality sedans among the GM companies, albeit they seem to be the most bland as well. The new Grand Prix I drove (I'm not sure if it was an 03' or an 04', it's the new style) was less than impressive. It had plenty of power but it's a boat, floaty and overweight, and the interior quality was sub-par to say the least. The back seats are useless as well. The Grand Am is a better looking car IMHO, but it's being replaced with a new version similarly styled to the new GP, which I don't particularly like. Frankly, Volvo's new S40 along with Volkswagen's Jetta and Passat would be far more appealing to me than anything being made by a GM company, even Honda's new 240Hp V6 Accord is more satisfying to me than those American cars.

Reply to
Steve Grauman