Losing gas milage. from 15 to 13.9 city now.

I am losing gas milage on my 2004 Ford explorer LTD. I put in new plugs and nothing has changed. Help!!

-- Message posted using

information at

bluemarble

Many things other than plugs can affect gas mileage: Driving habits Dead weight in the car Alignment Tire inflation pressure Air Filter Spark Plug wires Air conditioner use Oil conditions Engine condition Road conditions, think traffic or snow.

bluemarble wrote:

More information at

AS

Don't forget reformulated gasoline as a possibility. Some areas in the US switch gasoline types during the year. Some of the blends can reduce fuel economy by 3 to 5 %.

Also, it was not clear if this was a sudden drop, or a gradual drop.

You could also add a plugged exhaust to the list of possible problems.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

this has been over a 4 are 5 Mo. time.

-- Message posted using

information at

bluemarble

Thank you very much. I change oil and went to 5W20 Snt. , and got it back to 15 miles a gal. around town. again thanks..

-- Message posted using

information at

bluemarble