HELP WITH ENGINE WARNING LIGHT RESET

Does anyone know how to reset the engine warning light? I know what caused it to come on and it's not important. Many thanks if anyone knows.
Steve

Does anyone know how to reset the engine warning light. In my case I know there is no real problem. Much thanks if anyone knows the answer.
Steve
If the fault is gone, it will go out on it's own eventually.

I had a problem with the engine light coming on at random. I was told by the dealer that it may be a switch that had to be repaced at approximately $300+ or so. I didn't do it. I had my local service guy check the on board diagnostics and thye were clean. After the chk the engine light stopped coming on. No explanation. However, I still have the oil light coming on AND GOT THE SAME STORY FROM THE DEALER. I have a 98 A4 2.8Q.
Bob