HELP WITH ENGINE WARNING LIGHT RESET

Does anyone know how to reset the engine warning light? I know what caused it to come on and it's not important. Many thanks if anyone knows.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Eilenberg

Does anyone know how to reset the engine warning light. In my case I know there is no real problem. Much thanks if anyone knows the answer.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Eilenberg

Reply to
JPF

I had a problem with the engine light coming on at random. I was told by the dealer that it may be a switch that had to be repaced at approximately $300+ or so. I didn't do it. I had my local service guy check the on board diagnostics and thye were clean. After the chk the engine light stopped coming on. No explanation. However, I still have the oil light coming on AND GOT THE SAME STORY FROM THE DEALER. I have a

98 A4 2.8Q.

Bob

JPF wrote:

Reply to