Motor swap?

Hey all
Just a question, apropos of nothing really; how much work is involved in dropping a 200 Turbo motor into the 100's engine bay? I don't doubt that
it's perfectly feasible, but have any of you guys heard about it/tried it yourself?
--
Chris
: )

Chris G. wrote:

There's a standard reply in this group to those sorts of projects:
Better to buy a car with the turbo motor already installed. Cheaper, better install, better resale, etc.
There are some serious freaks who do weird stuff like dropping an UrS (AAN) motor into an 80q or 90q - but they like the process (I'm guessing) and not necessarily the result. Although, the stock AAN @227HP in an 80q would move it out pretty good! It would also surprise the hell out of a few stoplight racers...
Go to Audiworld.com and search - I think such swaps have been discussed.
Good luck, -- E.P.
1996 UrS6
Apparently you are talking about the T44 series. It can be done but you would also need to swap the wiring harness, computer and probably the instrument cluster. Cheaper and a lot easier to source a 200.