Panasonic Changer Success?

Hello,
The factory 6 disk changer that came with my '99 A6 has developed the err-1 problem. I am considering changing it out for a Panasonic 610 which from what I have read should be a compatible with the Concert
system in the car. Before I do this though, I am curious to see if there might be any thoughts from you all on whether or not this is a good idea or not.
Many thanks.
Peter J wrote:

Works perfectly on my '99 A6Q. You need to get the Audi adapter cable (I got it from Crutchfield). see Below
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-Hk7yX8pkZIq/prodview.asp?s=0&cc &iT1AUPAN98&gB300
Good luck,
Tony