6-CD changer

My disc changer in the armrest/console (96 EB V8 AWD) had stopped changing discs and plays erratically. Would buying a new cartridge/carrier help or is there an aftermarket replacement that plugs up to factory deck? flies4fun at knologydotnet

Reply to
flies4fun

I don't suspect the cartridge, more the changer itself. Check Ebay. Same one goes in Sable/Taurus and maybe others.

Reply to
Ted

sounds like the loading mechanism is bad or you may have a coin dropped down in it....taking it out is a b*tch if you've never done it before, but after one time, you'll have the hang of it...i find it easier to remove the center cupholders, storage bins...

mine went out completely after going over a good bump....tried various methods of "fixing", but it never worked again reliably...i got it to play one song, then it spent again....sitting still...

ebay has a guy that will fix them for $85+shipping & he has decent feedback, but i'd venture that he will just send you a refurbed item....

i have since installed an fm modulator changer that works great & was easy to install....the remote wire even goes thru next to the kleenex holder & up to the console for use....

crutchfield.com does have a unit that is very similar to the black clarion in the 96...it will work w/the factory radio....maybe $250 if i remember right....good luck as my changer bout wore me down....

Reply to
catphishum