Clarion 6 disk changer - CD-R

Hi

My 2000 206xs has the Clarion 6 disk changer in the boot - I use a lot of cd-r's and it does not seem to like them. I use 80min TDK disks tht play fine everywhere apart from in this changer. Origional CD's play fine.

Anyone know if there are issues with these changers and cd-r's or a workaround?

thanks

Reply to
Tom

I have a clarion 6 disk chager in my boot of my 2000 406 it plays memorex

700MB 80min 52X CD-r perfectly. I burn't them using a sony DVD-RW but other drives have been as good.

Regards G

Reply to
G Cadman

I have found that disks burnt at a slower speed are more reliable.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

thanks - will try a slow burn'd disk to see if that works

Reply to
Tom

Try a different brand of discs burnt in a different burner. If the CD pickup is particularly s**te, then they can be fussy with differing CDRs (the original Sony Playstation drive springs to mind, but that was very easily adjusted by twiddling the pot on the top).

Reply to
Nom

I am a audio technician and this query is fairly common with any CD player car or home. Its normally caused by the CD pickup not reading the data optically from the disc surface. When these CDR`s are burnt at a too higher speed the depth or level is reduced.

Reply to
chris

I am a audio technician and this query is fairly common with any CD player

If the recording is made approx 8X or slower if possible. it normally produces a more defined track burn depending on the grade of blank disc. Other problems also cause this ie. a slightly dusty pickup lens, cleaning would should resolve this. Pickups do reduce in output with use and age causing them to become "fussy and slow" about reading even new commercial cd`s. Replacement the only option

Reply to
chris