Pollen filter

Hello.
I have a UK 1995 P reg Audi 2.6 A6 (old shape) and wondered if it had a pollen filter. If so :-
1.) How easy is it to check/replace ?
2.) How often should it be replaced ?
SPG

The A4 has the pollen filter just under the windscreen on the right hand side if your looking from the front, my 2.6 is easy to replace, infact im changing it today. thats if its the same as the a4 :)

On left hand drive; right. You should change it as much as your air filter which is, in not to dusty environment, once a year.
Ronald

What of the US Audi A6 (circa 2001) 2.7T Quattro? My wife suffers poorly with allergy problems, and I just purchased the Audi recently and I would like to change it myself.
Thanks,
PV

"Fedge Mendlephart" wrote

It definitely has a pollen filter. Check under the hood, near the windshield, passenger side. If you go in for the standard free maintenance, dealer is supposed to be replacing it every 20K miles, but in practice it needs to be changed more often than that - once a year at least.
Cheers,
Pete
Thanks for the info all.
SPG