Q4 Quattro Front Pads

Hello,
i'm looking for a brand recommendation on my Q4 Quattro for the Front brakes. I need to have them replaced and want to order the parts on-line.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Troy
what do you want or need specifically! Low dust or white dust. Performance stopping when they are hot. Long life. No noise.
Textar, Mintex comes to mind. ATE maybe. Then PBR or Jurid. AFAIK Jurid does not seem to live long though unless you buy them from the dealer$. Not sure if all brands make pads for your car though.
Stay away from most domestic or "cheap" stuff!
JMHO dave (One out of many daves)
Shagster wrote:

Thanks Dave. Basically, the ORIGINAL pads are what's on the car now (fronts were're talking about)... and I have 85,500 miles on them! The rear pads I've replaced 3 times already. The front just don't seam to wear like the rear pads do. So low dust and descent life is what I'm looking for.
Does that help narrow your list?
Thanks! Troy

Whooooa. And no pun intended. If you are replacing REAR pads three times as much as your FRONT pads, there is something wrong with your braking system. Most of the braking effort on any car is achieved with the front brakes. I would estimate at least 80% of braking is done with the fronts, maybe more. What you are telling us is that most of the braking is being done with the rears, and that makes no sense at all. No car that I know of is biased to the rear. Dangerous thing, there.
As you brake, you transfer weight from the rear wheels (tires) to the front wheels, therefore giving less weight on the rear and a majority of the weight of the car on the front. That is why front brakes normally wear 2 to 3 times faster than the rear brakes. Think about it; what happens when you brake hard? The car pitches forward. If folks aren't belted in, they make friends with the windshield or the folks in the back kiss the back of the front seats. Very little weight is on the rear wheels.
My former wife had one of the first front-wheel drive Buicks back in the early 80s. She had an accident with it, telling me that the rear end came around. That made no sense at all. I drove it, and sure enough, under hard braking the rears locked up and the rear end came around. I told her to park the car and I spoke with the service folks at the dealership. GM soon recalled all of those cars for poor brake bias set ups. *Never drive a car that locks up its rear brakes first!*
Dave
Dave

I agree. My A4 Quattro is still on its original rear pads + discs at 115,000 miles and the fronts had their first set at 90,000.
Richard.
I thought the EXACT same thing. Dealer check everything twice. Swear it's setup as it should be.

Sounds very odd that you have changed the rear pads 3 times and this is the first time you are changing the fronts. What brand of brake pads are you using on the rear?
Or are you using the hand brake to aid the vehicle in stopping? 8^)
If you liked what was on the front then you could always spend the money and use the pads from the dealer. Should last another 80,000+ miles again. ;-)
Shagster wrote:

Problem with buying the pads from the dealer is 2-3x the cost of ordering them online! My cousins own a garage and will install them for free. ;)