front brake pads on Galant 96

Hello

I have original service manual from Mitsubishi which says to remove drive shaft from the hub for brake pads replacement.

Anybody did this ? Why is this required for such simple maintanance ?

TIA

Reply to
nplus

Does not sound right to me. All thats required is to undo the two bolts that attatch the caliper bracket to the knuckle, and the whole assembly comes off for simple replacement.

On older Mitsu's (approx pre 88), replacing the disk rotor required axle removal, but this was changed to a more sensible design that has the rotor fit over the hub, not behind it.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

I see no reason whatsoever to remove the axle shaft. there's simply 2 guide bolts that come off, the caliper housing pops off, remove the pads, grease the calipers put new pads in, and you're done.

Reply to
Eric F