front brake pads on Galant 96

Hello

I have original service manual from Mitsubishi which says to remove drive shaft from the hub for brake pads replacement.

Anybody did this ? Why is this required for such simple maintanance ?

TIA

Reply to
nplus

Sounds odd doesn't it? Don't take the Mitsu manuals too literally. . I have a bunch of Mitsu literature and sometimes they are actually describing the steps for a complete disassembly and what you actually want is just a part of the whole process being described. Most of their disc brakes of that era have two slider shafts with threaded ends and hex heads that hold the caliper in place. There is a top one and a bottom one and they might different lengths. Remove those and lift off the caliper. Replace the pads and the associated hardware. Push in the caliper piston, and reposition the caliper on the retaining bracket. Reinstall the top and bottom retaining slider shafts/bolts, torque them to spec and your done. Be sure to evaluate the condition of all your parts carefully. Your well being depends on that stuff!

Reply to
Outlander

Well I'm looking at AllData and says nothing of the sort. That should be a

30 min job.
Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Thank you Outlander and Todd