99 front brake pads replaced, question on old pads

At 36,600 miles, I changed the front pads for the first time. It was fairly easy. The rotors were in good shape and did not cut them. However I noticed on the old inner pads there were grooves on the lower 1/2 inch of the pad, having the same outline as the rotor. But the rotor was smooth. Is it common for the original pads to do this?

Reply to
Mikepier