radio is on safe mode

i have an audi 1990 model 90. its the original radio. i have the radio code but i dont know how to get the radio of safe mode . i should say it in the radio manual but i dont have it. appriciate any info.

maybe this will help http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Electrical/Coding_Radios
I just bought a 96 A4 and had to bring it to the dealer for the code. I was told as or April 1 2004 that it is required to plug the car into a computer at the dealership in order to pull the code. I was also told that if the local dealer worked on the car in the past they may be able to pull the code from your VIN number. Good LuCK!
Jay