red lines

Hi guys,
I was wondering what the red lines on the speedometerat 30km/h, 50km/h and 130km/h are. I can't figure out what they are used for ? Any ideas ?

--
Alexandre
2001 Audi A4 2.8Q

They indicate the usual speed limits associated with the area they are sold, in the UK it's 30mph etc.
Nige
Hi Alex
The red lines are acutally the speed limit in Germany 30 km/h is the limit for residential areas (most), 50 is inside a city and 130 is the advised speed on the (famous) Autobahn
Dave