Timing belt kit from blauparts.com

Hi, I need to have the timing belt replaced on my 2001 A4 1.8T Q (duing my last oil change and cehckup, the dealership suggested so after inspecting it). Am thinking about buying the kit myself and having the
job done at a local Audi shop instead of going to the dealership (that saves me a few hundred dollars for this job). This is first time I am doing it this way, so wondering if blauparts.com is a good place to buy the kit ? If not, are there any other good/reliable places online where I can get genuine Audi parts ? Also, any suggestions for Audi mechanics in the California bay area would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys, girish.
"girish" wrote

They're fine. www.purems.com is also very good. www.ecstuning.com has good prices, but they tend to screw up the orders and send you the wrong parts once in a while.
Pete
Appreciate the prompt response Pete, thanks !
I checked ecstuning.com and there were three categories of the ECS Tuning ultimate timing belt kit: 1. ECS Ultimate Timing Belt Kit- AEB & ATW Engine Codes Only 2. ECS Tuning Ultimate Timing Belt Kit- Early VIN AWM Engine Codes (Fits up to VIN #8d 1 042 384 on AMW engine codes) and 3. ECS Tuning Ultimate Timing Belt Kit- Late VIN AWM Engine Codes (Fits from VIN #8d 1 042 385 on AMW engine codes)
My VIN ends as A 003 278, not sure which one to choose here. If you can, could you point me to the right one here ?
Thanks, girish.
Pete wrote:

"girish" wrote

My guess is that you fall under #2, but you might want to give them a call just to be sure.
Pete
You were rite Pete, I fall under #2, checked with ECS Tuning over the phone.
Appreciate your help here !
Thanks, girish.
Pete wrote:

Just thinking out loud, but if YOU purchase the parts then the shop that installs your parts won't have to warranty the parts only their labor.
I recommend that you allow them to use THEIR parts.
--
later,
dave