Tranny Delay in 2001 A4Q 2.8

Shifting into D from P or R takes a couple seconds for the tranny to respond. It seems to shift fine. Is this common or what? TIA

First, check trans. oil level; if level is O.K. then next is to change oil. If the car sits outside in bitter cold (like in Michigan), you may want to switch to synthetic oil. A good synthetic oil is "Red Line"; take a look at this site http://www.redlineoil.com /. Make sure you're getting the correct oil for your car (call Red Line they'll tell you which to buy).

hi,
I drive a 2000 a4 1.9 tdi with the 4 speed automatic transmission. i've got the same problem. when i shift from N to D it takes a couple of seconds, and when i press the gass instantely, i feel a shock. the same when put into R. i life in belgium, normal climat.
when you've got the problem solved, could you send the solution to me? :)
kind regards, kenny

got
and
R.
usually it means you are low on transmission fluid, or as the previous guy says "Cold Weather"
The fluid needs to become viscous, use a better quality gearbox oil