rough idle on 98.5 A4Q 2.8

So, my car idles a little roughly, not too bad, but I really would like to smooth it out. It's got 99,100 miles on it (98.5 A4Q 2.8 for those who didn't read the Subject header), and I put in a quart of a valve and injector cleaner recommended by my independent shop recently (went through a tank and a half of gas on it, as recommended), but the idle isn't much better. Am I doomed, or do I need to lather, rinse, repeat with this stuff, at $30 per quart?

Reply to
KLS

Did your repair shops diagnostic check not show any problems or error codes?

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

The diagnostic check showed no problems, no error codes, and the manager thinks the injectors may be slightly plugged, hence the fuel additive.

Reply to
KLS

My 96 with the 2.8 does the same thing. If you find a solution, please post.

Cory

KLS wrote:

Reply to
cory1210