Where's '01 a6 battery well water drain?

I have a 2001 A6 2.8. Rrecently, after a heavy rain, I can hear what sounds like the heater fan hitting water. There also is some water dripping down into the footwell on the passenger side front. I looked
into the well between the engine compartment and the firewall, and saw a pool of water about 2 inched deep. The battery is mounted about in the center of the well. My question is… Where is the drain/drains for this well? I imaging there is a drain hole or tube somewhere, but before poking around, I was hoping I could get some suggestions. Thanks and have a nice weekend
Add pictures here
βœ–

Fix this quickly - if water gets into the floor your CCM (climate control module) will blow. In their wisdom VAG put these in the floor somewhere under the seat. This controls all kinds of stuff apart from the Climate control .
The drain holes (there are two) are located under the battery (you'll have to remove the battery and the tray) and further across kind of underneath the brake fluid reservoir.
You also need to dry the inside of the car out - there is some space underneath the carpets & it will be wetter than you first think in there.
A dehumidifier is your friend.
I.
Add pictures here
βœ–
thanks Iain. Not exactly the answer I was hoping for but.... appreciated just the same. I have a dehumdiifier available, the interesting part is finding a place for it in the car. , maybe across the back seat. So tomorrow is pull the battery day. Hopefully I'll remember to check the radio code before I remove the battery. thanks again and have a nice weekend.\ Frank

Add pictures here
βœ–
I had the same problem
Its an easy job to remove the battery and clean the drain holes. 15mins max.
Great advise on this forum
http://www.audiworld.com

Add pictures here
βœ–
Frank,
Had this exact issue during the rain a couple of weekends ago.
2002 A6 Avant. Needless to say the car is somewhat out of order, I have the car located at the Princeton Audi dealership, delivered via trailer. They have had the car 3 days thus far, have other cars with the same issue that they are fixing . . .
Wish I knew about this before the rain . . .
Hope you just have damp carpets chap !
Cheers
Nicholas
Add pictures here