Wiring an iPod into a '99 A6?

I've tried to hook up an iPod two different ways to my '99 A6 - via cassette tape and fm tuner car kits. Both sound (relatively) horrible, especially the cassette tape method.
Is there a way to hardwire an aux input to the Bose audio system in the '99 A6? Maybe if I pull out the amplifier? Or splice into some other input? I would really like to get the iPod hooked up to the car. Thanks for any advice!
After spending more time on Google, I found this:
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catalog/blitz_aux/blitz_aux_list/blitz_audi/blitz_audi.html
I think it may work in my car, I'm going to check my owners manual to make sure.
Griffin Technology iTrip. I use it in mine and the sound is great.! I also have an Irock for my laptop that sounds kinda ok. www.griffintechnology.com Satisfied customer. Michelle
snipped-for-privacy@arsenal.net wrote:

At $200 it's certainly not skinflint priced but this is what Jesus would use.
http://www.densionusa.com/x/index.php?option=content&task=view&id@7&Itemid 9
Ports right in to the stock head and use stock head cd changer control to control your ipod.
I thought about it but I am getting a PhatNoise from eBay instead.
You know Phat?
--
http://austinmini.ositech.net