WTF is Art Thinking?

Page 2 of 3
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:48:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@spamfreezone.yahoo.ca (Ricardo) wrote:

Don't forget the special "grenading engine" feature.

No such animal could ever exist.

Yup, typo. My bad. :) How about inline V6's (plural). That's already been done, hasn't it? :) -Dave

Assuming you were talking about his Typo, then yes. Assuming that you say no such sports car (an I6 sports car, not a sedam,[nixs the bimmers]) they you are very wrong
Sitting outside my house (and finally running again) is a 1980 Dautsun 280zx. All the Z cars up to a certain year (dunno which year yet, still looking) had inline 6 engines. 2 seats (or 2+2, which i thought looked ugly) T-tops were a (popular) option, and i like the way it runs :-)

say
they
still
The Z4 has an I6? I thought they looked prett,y but never relaly looke dat one because they are way out of my price range
Dave C. wrote:

BMWs don't count?
-- Mike Smith
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:44:04 -0400, Mike Smith

Brilliant cars, very high $$$$$$.
--
ricardo, ex-euroslav vancouver bc canada
e-mail: remove spamfreezone to reply

How, pray tell, can a car have an *inline* *V*6?
Spider
Spider wrote:

Oh, you're so clever. Everyone else knew what he was talking about.
-- Mike Smith
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:07:10 -0400, Mike Smith

And I even went to the trouble to auto correct the quote (q.v.), not failing to enclose the corrected part in the requisite brackets. (It is never proper to alter a quote without explicitly clarifying the alteration.)
--
ricardo, ex-euroslav vancouver bc canada
e-mail: remove spamfreezone to reply

Thanks!
Are you sure? With all the wacky engines out there, you just never know...
;)
Spider
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Spider) wrote in message

Hey, VW engines aren't wacky... :)
nate
(if you don't get it, google for "Corrado VR6")
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:57:59 -0700, Spider wrote:

It could have two V6s inline :-)
Though I doubt it would make for a very useful configuration ...
Chris
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:06:21 -0700, Christian Huebner

Give VW some time, they've already done it with two inline V4s...
--
Brandon Sommerville
remove ".gov" to e-mail

Apparently, that engine configuration really keeps you W8ing.
--
ricardo, ex-euroslav vancouver bc canada

snipped-for-privacy@speedersanonymous.org (Ricardo) wrote in message wrote:

Boo! Get off the stage!
;)
Spider
Brandon Sommerville wrote:

Isn't that "two VR4s in a V configuration"? Assuming you're talking about the W8?
-- Mike Smith
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:40:22 -0400, Mike Smith

The VR designation is argued by many to still be considered inline and not a "V". If you accept that argument, then the comment stands.
--
Brandon Sommerville
remove ".gov" to e-mail
Brandon Sommerville wrote:

I don't see how. "Two inline V4s" would be a V8. VW does not have a V8 (though Audi does). VW's W8 is made up of two VR4s, with each VR4 serving as a "bank" of the W. Even if you consider a VR to be "inline" (which I don't - inline means *in line*) then the W8 is made of "two inline fours", not "two V4s".
-- Mike Smith
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:08:20 -0400, Mike Smith

Sigh. The original comment was based on an inline V6 engine. Which is by definition impossible. The VR engines are considered to be both inline *and* V by different groups of people, thus it can be argued (with tongue firmly in cheek) that it is in fact an inline V6. Thus, the W8 is made with two inline V4s.
--
Brandon Sommerville
remove ".gov" to e-mail