many things

i should begin by saying i have a 2001 jetta wolfsburg 1.8 turbo. So here goes:

firstly, i turn key and about half a second after the car starts, i hear a bit of a deepish squeak coming from what i assume is the starter. however, wouldn't it make that sound in the beginning of the key turn process, and not after?

secondly, car shakes a bit (diesels) after shut off sometimes.

Thirdly, when i use AC, car gets very noisy and vibrates noticably. however, AC seems to blow cold.

Fourthly, check engine lamp has been steadily on. diagnostic (not at VW) suggests it is a "small" gas fume leak coming from emissions system. Two different people suggested it is probably a bad gas cap, so i changed it. light is still on after a few drives around though, and so i wonder if it is related to some of the other stuff above. this leads me to...

Fifthly, the engine itself seems to be a bit puttery sounding.

and last but certainly not least, the area under the car near catalytic seems to also be a tad puttery sounding. perhaps even a slight pop here or there. i should add that the diagnostic revealed only the small leak and nothing else. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ben

Reply to
rose52775

I'm buying stock in has caps! Don't know why when MIL is on everyone runs out and buys a gas cap because I haven't replaced one in years to fix a evap MIL fault. Did they happen to say what the fault code was, as it's a good place to start?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Sounds to me like it's time to trade it in!

- -

rose52775 wrote:

Reply to
Rex B

What trouble codes did you recover from the engine scan? Did you get any codes at all?

Reply to
PabloRena ---> AnalProbe