01 e39 Control Arm

According to the dealer, i have a loose front right control arm. Is this something that needs replaced or could it be "tightened back up?"
Jason
I think that translates into "bad control arm bushing" rubber busshing goes bad= play in the control arm = "loose" control arm..
bushings are cheap, labor is intensive.. control arms are pricier, but labor is cut drastically..
Good luck

KEITA JOHNSON wrote:

Actually, the labor is not too bad if they have the tool to install the rear bushings with the arms still mounted on the car, and anyone that takes this job should...
--
-Fred W

that applies to rear only? or front as well? I've been prepping to do the front end on my e28 and I've yet to come across any special tools needed for the front end, other than a ball joint separator and BFH..
the rears I may just leave to the pros.. and save pennies until I can swap out that nasty guibo and u-joint along with the rest of the rear end stuff..

KEITA JOHNSON wrote:

Sorry, I thought we were talking about an E36 in which the control arm bushings are only in the front. I don't have any experience on an E39 or on an E28, but I'd imagine it is a lot like the E34 in which you do remove the arms to replace the bushings.
--
-Fred W

ah ok so my best best is to get it replaced.