01 e39 Control Arm

According to the dealer, i have a loose front right control arm. Is this something that needs replaced or could it be "tightened back up?"

Jason

Reply to
Jason

I think that translates into "bad control arm bushing" rubber busshing goes bad= play in the control arm = "loose" control arm..

bushings are cheap, labor is intensive.. control arms are pricier, but labor is cut drastically..

Good luck

Reply to
KEITA JOHNSON

Actually, the labor is not too bad if they have the tool to install the rear bushings with the arms still mounted on the car, and anyone that takes this job should...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Reply to
KEITA JOHNSON

Sorry, I thought we were talking about an E36 in which the control arm bushings are only in the front. I don't have any experience on an E39 or on an E28, but I'd imagine it is a lot like the E34 in which you do remove the arms to replace the bushings.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

ah ok so my best best is to get it replaced.

Reply to
Jason