Control Arm Front Suspension

Hi, My 93 LX is has worn out front balljoints. The Haynes and Chilton Manuals say the entire control arms must be replaced. My local Ford dealer told me Ford has discontinued the control arms. None of my local parts houses carry the control arm, however Livermore Perf. online catalog shows that 1996 RH/LH control arms ( M-3075A) are replacements. Has anyone ran into this problem before and what happened?.

Cheers

Reply to
remove

remove wrote in news:MBkBd.7094$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

Perfect opportunity for some good aftermarket units.

Joe

I bought a set of FRRP, not too long ago from Summit.

Hank Phoenix

Reply to
Hank

Motorsport kit are the same control arms as the oe, but are half the price for a set. I replaced mine 6-7 years ago maybe they are't out there anymore. Good luck Robert Hooked

Reply to
Hooked 87

Yes, they are discontinued. You have a few choices. The best is to replace them with the updated version from FRPP. I got a new set of them on e-bay for about half list price a couple of years ago. You can always get a used set from the bone yard. I've heard of people replacing the non-replacable ball joints with a moog part. Contact them or a good parts store and see what they say.

Reply to
.boB