1996 328i fuel filter heat sheild bolts

trying to change the fuel filter, but theres two bolts that seem to come from the top down.
theres a metal heat sheild covering the fuel filter.
I cut a hole in the carpet (dammit) but still couldnt find them.
Should I cut them off from the bottom?
I cant dissassemble the whole interior for these two bolts
the car is stuck in my dads garage and cannot move until I figure this out
loses power, stalls at lights.
thanks in advance
FYI -
I bought a "cut off tool" with the spinning wheel for $29
cut them both off
drilled 2 new holes, and put two fat screws (from the bottom up)
seeya
Microsoft Rules!!