2003 325ci, passenger side window rattles when down

I had both of my windows down on my '03 325ci today. I close the passenger side door in a normal fashion (not excessively) and I hear the rattle of the window down in the door frame. I do the same thing
to my driver side and dont hear the rattle.
loose window on the passenger side? how does one remedy this? Window, when rolled up, shuts fine when closing the door, just that it rattles down in the door frame whenever the door is shut.

Sounds like the window runner inside the door might need adjusting. Mike.

Or the rubber guide has slipped out the channel or worn out!

mate of mine had the same issue with a new car, he went to most of the BMW dealers in Hampshire,told unofficially something about having about 20odd different settings checked but BMW would not pay for the hours needed to check ALL the different settings?
He had issues as long as he had the car, he even had the windows blow up/out at speed but all those sods could only get 4/5 of the different settings OK
BMW reliability? haha

Worn out on an 03 ? Mike.

If it has come out of it guide and has been rubbed by the window glass it is possible that wear damage has occurred. I didn't think it had actually "worn out" in fact they don't

You take off the inside trim panel, and then you check for reasons why the window rattles.
Jim
Jim wrote:

You make it sound simple but as I said most (actually all) BMW dealers in Hants could't sort thr issue out - don't forget they change angles as they move up and are frameless

Then I suggest that you do pull the door panel on both and look at the good one operate then go to the duff one and see what is different.
Elementary my dear Watson! Remove the possible and what we are left with is the impossible or is that the other way around - Doh!
BTW they don't really change angle it just looks that way.

You willl never determine what is wrong unless you remove the door panel. Besides, to fix the problem will require removing the door panel.
Jim
Jim wrote:

+1. And in addition, while the panel is off and you see the problem you can fix it all at the same time. Talk about a windfall...
--
-Fred W