Passenger side power window glass goes down only few inches...

Hi: I have Honda Prelude 1987 2.0Si and the passenger side window glass have an issue. When I try to pull the glass down, it goes down about

3-4 inches and then stops. The window glass does not go all the way down. Is my window motor bad? Any suggestions? Thanks NG
Reply to
NG

"NG" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

It could be crud(debris) in the window tracks or a misaligned track.You do seem to imply that the motor moves the window "3-4 inches down" before stopping. That would indicate the motor works.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I would also suspect something stuck on or wrapped around the scissor mechanism. Remember the regulator works on a scissor-fold design and something catching between the two bars will stop everything in its tracks.

A good indicator might be if the window stops dead, or if one end continues down slightly before it stops completely: the former would indicate something jamming the scissor; the latter would be more likely for something in the track, as that would stop one end of the glass first.

Reply to
Matt Ion