2006 5-Series - still no iPOD/Aux port - What's up with that?

Still no iPOD support for the new 5 series.. 3 series and X series are OK but no 5 or 7 support. Very strange since they have been marketing this for years...
Good news is that the standard CD player plays MP3 CDs and navigating the song list via the iDRIVE is VERY cool..
WHERE IS THE AUX PORT?
go to phatnoise.com and get a phat box. I put one in my 2002 530 and love it.
1) Hard drive for the car.. cool.. 2) No iDrive support, meaning I will not see song names, artists, etc on the NAV screen 3) Who installs? 4) They don't support 2006 525I but thanks anyway.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

May be a kit for it. That's what they had for the E39. For unknown reasons, BMW is reluctant to put innovations introduced in the 3 series into the 5er. Overlooked opportunities included bixenon/adaptive headlights, 6sp manual trans. 3 got 'em, they didn't bother with the five until the E60.
R / John

Pardon? My E39 has both a 6 speed manual transmission and Xenon lights. Even my E34 M5 has a 6 speed manual transmission.
--
Philip

[Don't top post. Quote selectively. Don't use HTML. Enjoy Usenet]