Can anyone help me please.
I have had my 318 (E36) for 6 yrs and in the last 6 months I have had
problems with over heating. The problem still has not been resolved, 4
garages have not been able to sort it out....£100's of pounds have been
This is a very long saga, but I will give you the bullet points.
1. On the first occasion a second hand raditor was fitted...over heated
again within a week
2. Major damage was caused (my fault) and I took the decesion to buy a
3. After a few weeks it over heated again (towed home again) new thermosat
fitted all checked and working
4. Again over heated after 4 weeks, water pump propeller had broken,
replaced, tested ok
5. 2 wks later again same problem (towed home)
Fully tested and found no problems, not losing water.
I have run the car on short trips and the temp gauge reached norm (middle)
When I check the top hose this is very hot, but the hose conected to the
thermosat is still cold!!!
So even with another engine the problem is still there, new waterpump &
thermosat..could it be the Raditor or do you know better.
I feel I have lose all confidence and I won't take it on a long run.
Any help in resolving this issue would be great.