318 VS 4.0 springs

does anyone know if there is a diffrence between the front coil springs used with the 318 and 4.0 engines? i have a 94' ZJ, and i am fabricating a stinger style front bumper. im not sure, but i think that it will weigh in the neighborhood of 100-150 lbs. i have the

4.0, and i figured that since the 318 weighs about 200lbs more than the 4.0, it would fix a lot of problems related to front-end weight to simply exchange the springs. any ideas? suggestions?
Reply to
petethepirate

There are two basic springs. The 4.0 and up-country Might have been another for the V8, but for the 4.0 there were two.

I'd say get the OEM up-country springs or similar aftermarket. You might also consider a 1" spacer

Reply to
DougW

The ZJ's used taller springs in the front for the V8's and taller still for the Upcountry package. By my calculations that equals four different front springs and two different rears, unless the I6 Upcountry front springs are the same as the V8 standard springs in which case there are three different fronts.

You could also stick a coil spacer above the front springs to compensate for the added weight. Just another option.

Reply to
SBlackfoot