525' 94 auto gearbox

Hi all
Im due to drive again next week to E Germany for a few weeks
took car yesterday, failed on 3 niggly things, but done..
While in the put i noticed a leak, aroud engine/gearbox..hard to tell
exactly where its coming from. im not losing engine oil....topped up twice in a year. Last time Dec
It seems my car has no didpstick...but my bently manual tells me that it must be a dealer check, to check the temps of fluid to guess the amout in. of course i dont want to get gearbox problems while on my trip
Is there any way around? or has anyone any idea how mcuh a dealer will cost/ thanks for any info, i dont want problems while on my trip. ta!
Jules wrote:

It is probably oil, not transmission fluid. Try placing something under the car to catch a drip so you can better analyze it. The rubber valve cover gaskets on these engines have a propensity for hardening over time and use and become less effective at sealing. This usually results in a very slow leak that is not detectable on the crankcase dipstick but is evident on the garage floor.
For info on your transmission fluid go here:
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Maintenance/Transmission/Transmission_main.htm
--
-Fred W

i can get the car over a pit later when i go for the retest so will take a look. ok no dipstick on mine, only dipstick is the oil and me typing! thanks

It could be condensate from the AC. Put some white paper underneath. The colour of the drips will tell you what it is.

thanks will do!

Is this the 525i Touring you bought in September?
wrote in message news:SQ9Mh.188168

yes, just passed the retest....and i dont want to get low on box oil while im out there.