Off to Germany next week.

To collect my newly purchased Mk2 Escort 1300 Sport and take it to Czech to be restored.

This old car lark rocketh mightily.

Reply to
Pete M

Whats the total bill looking like?

Reply to
Conor

For the car, flights, welding, paintwork, transporting it to Czech and driving it home around the end of August, then taking it back to Germany putting it through a TUV test and getting export plates etc, probably close to £3.5k.

I'm doing it out of interest as much as anything. I imagine it'll be worth more than that even though it's LHD.

Reply to
Pete M

Well the market says that's nothing at all for a MKII Escort these days. Not for a clean one anyway.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Not at all and quite the opposite. =A33.5k for a fully restored MK2 1300=20 Sport is a feckin good deal and it'll be worth far more than that.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor