645 Hesitation

I took my '05 automatic 645 in for its first service, and in addition to getting the oil changed, I went over a list of issues. One of them was, when accelerating from a complete stop, there will (often) be a
hesitation. It is as if the car does not take all the gas I give it. It starts off, backs off, and then accelerates normally from there. It's a slight effect but noticeable just the same. When I described this to the service advisor, he recognized the description and said he thought it might be a "software problem". He'd check it, and if I didn't have the latest software, he'd upgrade me. Well, I did have the latest software, and so he didn't do anything. The only other thing he could do was to work directly with the engineers at BMW. I questioned him further about this, and I believe he said that all 545's, 645's, and 745's are subject to this.
Has anybody else heard of this and gotten resolution on this.
take a 545out with him and see if it does it also...

If it is very cold and the gearbox oil is very stiff, it may take a bit longer than usual to change from first to second, during which time the ECU dips the throttle. This is probably what you are experiencing.

Nope. That's not it. I live in California, so it doesn't get very cold. And, it's not in the transition from first to second, or any other gear transition. This happens exclusively in first gear.
I just bought a 2006 325i and it has the same issue. It is very noticeable and annoying when cars pass me by when the light turns green. When I take the car out of automatic and into manual, the hesitation disappears. I plan on talking to the dealership about this in a couple of days.
Glad that someone else has noticed this so I don't think it's just me. Not happy if this is a larger problem.
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:22:52 -0700, Brian Hardy wrote:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/show_category.asp?txtsearchParamCat=Engine%20Chips#OBDIISoftware:1996-2005Cars
Install the Turner/Conforti software if you would like to have your performance at optimal levels. You have to upgrade the ECU firmware for your car. The only downside is that you must use 91 or better octane gasoline. The rest kept stock is fine.