92 735 (e32) Oil change interval.

Should I be worried at all? I've gone about 1600 miles since the last oil change; which was 5 months ago -- (or so the computer should think). I've done almost exclusively stop & go driving (more wear & tear)
The computer/display has not dropped the bar one bit yet -- I was going on "it knows better than me" -- but I'm feeling like I should go ahead an change the oil.
Thoughts?
First, you don't say whether you're using dino or synthetic engine oil, but if its synthetic oil, forgetaboutit! Synthetic should easily last until 7000 miles before you need changing. Changing any time before is probably a waste of money.
IF you're using dino oil, why do you think you need to change it so soon? Are you burning any oil? Has it changed color. Even the most paranoid, like myself, usually wait until 3000-4000 miles before changing dino oil. Unless something is out of the ordinary, which you don't state, save your money and just drive!

As I understand it -- the bars on the dash should do a count down to alert you that a service is coming due -- and that the computer takes into account driving style etc to determine when to change the oil.
at 1600 miles; I would suspect that it would have at least dropped one bar -- if not just for the elapsed time.

I don't believe the computer takes time into account. So if you don't put on 7~8,000 miles in a year, change the oil after one year.
Tom K.
OK -- thanks. -josh