94 740IL 'disc error'

This morning in my 94 740IL on my way to work, the CD player read 'disc error' and would not play any of the CDs, which are located in a 6-disc changer in the trunk. Took the changer out, made sure all the discs were in
place, put the changer back in and still nothing. Any ideas?

Did you blow out the dust bunnies?